Attestation from Ministry Of Foreign, Islamabad

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and all its Camp Offices at Peshawar, Lahore, Karachi and Quetta do not attest either the contents or the genuineness of the document. They only countersigns the attestation made by other authorities like the educational certificates which have to be attested by IBCC and Higher Education Commission etc. The Ministry, thus, verifies the signatures of concerned attesting authorities. These documents include:

  • Documents issued by various authorities of central, provincial and local government which are intended to be used abroad or submitted in Foreign Missions in Pakistan;
mofa attestation islamabad
mofa attestation Islamabad

Documents verified/attested by our Foreign Missions which are intended to be presented in Pakistan

  • Further, the Ministry only attests documents in Urdu and English versions. Document or its translation in any other language other than English is not attested. Applicants may get their attested documents translated from the Translation Centres, approved by the concerned diplomatic Mission, in Islamabad and submit directly to the Embassies.
  • Documents once attested, will remain valid forever and hence will not be re-attested.
    Attestation made by the Camp Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Lahore, Quetta, Peshawar, Karachi has the same weightage and authenticity as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and hence, will not be re-attested.
  • Photocopy or translation of any document will be attested when original document is presented or it is attested by a gazetted officer of BPS-17 or above.


Nikah Nama (Urdu) Seal of Nikah Registrar; copy may be issued by concerned Secretary Union Council or Chief Officer or Tehsil Municipal Officer or Executive Officer of Cant Board.
Birth Certificates(Urdu) Issued by Secretary Union Council or Chief Officer or Tehsil Municipal Officer or Executive officer of Cant Board.
B. Form(Urdu) Issued by NADRA or old B.form having the stamp of District Registration Officer (in original)
Character Certificate Issued by District Police Officer
Medical Certificate Issued or countersigned by Medical Superintendent of any Govt. Hospital
Death Certificates(Urdu) Issued by Secretary Union Council alongwith ID card Cancellation certificate issued from NADRA or the concerned registration office.
Divorce Certificate(Urdu) Divorce Certificate should be issued by Chairman Arbitration Council of the Area or the Court judgment regarding dissolution of marriage should be presented for attestation.
Unmarried Certificate   Affidavit                   Union Council Certificate Affidavit from Parents and an unmarried certificate from Secretary/Nazim Union Council should be attached with the affidavit.
ID card Cancellation Form (Urdu) Issued by NADRA or District Registration Officer.
Driving License Original Driving License has to be presented at the counter alongwith NOC issued by concerned License Issuing Authority. Only original NOC is attested. Copy of CARD driving license is also attested.
School Leaving Certificate (Urdu) School leaving certificate of Class I-IX countersigned by District Education Officer and Class X attested by Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC).
Secondary School Certificate Attested by IBCC
Higher Secondary School Certificate Attested by IBCC
Diploma of One year duration and short courses These certificates first have to be attested by National Training Bureau (NTB).
Bachelors and Masters Degree Attested by Higher Education Commission (HEC).
Degrees/Diploma Certificates relating to
Medical professionals
PMDC Reg., etc. Experience Certificates
All the documents have first to be attested by the Ministry of National Regulations and Services. The MBBS degree has to be attested by HEC.
Diploma of Paramedical professionals,
Nursing Diplomas etc. Experience Certificates)
All Nursing related documents first have to be attested by the Ministry of National Regulations and Services.
Succession and Guardianship Certificate Issued by the Civil Judge of the Civil Court.
Special Power of Attorney from Pakistan to person Abroad Power of Attorney should be presented alongwith Succession Certificate and Guardianship Certificate. To get the attestation the executant(s) has to be present in person to sign the Power of Attorney or it should be registered with concerned Sub-Registrar of the Revenue Department.
Power of Attorney from Abroad to a person in Pakistan Person authorized in Pakistan has to appear in person with original ID card to get the Power of Attorney attested from MOFA.
Documents relating to commerce/trade Attested by the concerned Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
English translation of all above mentioned documents Translation from the approved translation house by the concerned Embassy/Department will be accepted.


The following documents in original as well as the copies of these documents are not attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as these do not fall under the purview of the Ministry:

  • Passports
  • Domicile
  • ID card
  • Documents related to immoveable property (i.e Registries of the plots and agriculture land)

Open chat
Need Help Click Here?
Do you need help?