How to get American Canadian high school equivalence from IBCC Pakistan step by step information.
How to get high school equivalence from IBCC Pakistan step by step information. Getting IBCC equivalence for American/Canadian High School Diploma is very difficult as there are many steps involved. Direct verifications required from concern department in USA/Candada
i) Equivalence with SSC: Grade 9 and 10 from Accredited institutions with required number of credits.
ii) Equivalence with HSSC: Grade 11 and 12 from Accredited institutions having Diploma with required number of credits.
Basic rules and requirements for Equivalence:
- Original High School Diploma.
- Grade-9 thru 12 original Official consolidated (4 years) Transcript duly sealed, signed and embossed by the issuing authority, USA (by the Ministry of Education, Canada) and enclosed in an envelope to be opened by an officer or official of IBCC. Grade-9,10,11 and 12 Subjects should be recorded separately.
Note: If the candidate has passed grade-9 thru 12 education through more than one institution then he/she will have to provide original official transcripts of each institute separately along with copy of accreditation of all the institutions. Otherwise the case will be considered incomplete.
- Date of entrance and discharge of the candidate in a concerned institution(s).
- Proof/ attested copy of Certificate of Accreditation of the concerned School with any one recognized US Department of Education Accrediting Associations of USA.
- Graduation requirements (total earned credits by the student and total required credits for Graduation High School Diploma).
- School Profile (i.e. High School Program Planning Guide/Course Description Guide etc.)
- Original Advance Placement Grade Report duly issued by AP College Board, USA, sealed/enclosed in an envelope to be opened by an officer or official of IBCC in case of AP Courses.
- Explanation of abbreviation of the subjects and codes which are used in the student’s transcript.
- In case of USA, according to Scheme of Studies (SOS) of Pakistan, Physics, Chemistry & Biology for Pre-Medical and Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics for the Pre-Engineering group as elective subjects must be passed at High School level (Grade-9 thru 12 level) for issuance OF Equivalence Certificate (Pre-Medical/ Pre-Engineering group). (Condition may be reviewed at any time)
- In case of Canada, according to Scheme of Studies (SOS) of Pakistan, Physics, Chemistry & Biology for Pre-Medical and Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics for Pre-Engineering group as elective subjects must be passed at Grade-9, 10, 11 as well as at Grade-12 (each year) for issuance of Equivalence Certificate (Pre-Medical/Pre-Medical group) of Pakistan. (Condition may be reviewed at any time)
- In case of early graduation, please provide proof from concerned institution/issuing authority.
- Attested Copy of Passport with valid visa portion, Stay proof during the study abroad and attested copy of CNIC of Pakistan.
- Four photo copies of each educational document must be attached herewith.
- Prepaid return envelope of best courier service (e.g. FedEx, DHL, TCS) should be attached herewith for sending back the original documents to the applicant.
- Other general (relevant) requirements listed at serial No.V must be completed in all respect.
- As per policy of IBCC, educational documents of the student will be referred to concerned authority for verification/ clarification of the documents furnished to IBCC. Proper Equivalence Certificate will be issued after receipt of verification reply from concerned authority/institution.
- The students of US Institutions (AES/LPS) operating in Pakistan will have to fulfill IBCC Equivalence Criteria for US Schools (AES/LPS) operating in Pakistan for grant of Equivalence Certificate.
- The education qualification obtained through Institutions which are not accredited by any recognized Accrediting Association of USA or State Department of Education, USA cannot be considered for Equivalence of Qualification.
- As per rules of IBCC, education qualification obtained through ‘Distance Learning Education System’/ ‘Online System of Education’/ ‘Home Study’ cannot be considered for Equivalence of Qualification (107ECM-20).
- IBCC Criteria for American Schools (LPS/AES) operating in Pakistan must be fulfilled by the school/candidate for grant of equivalence of qualification.
- It was resolved that Diplomas/Certificates could be considered for equivalence of only qualification of those US Institutions/schools which are fully accredited by any recognized Accrediting Association of USA or any State Department of Education, USA. (127ECM-17)